What does the Pillar do?
- It creates and promotes policies that advance sustainaibility.
- It provides a channel for government and the other social partners to engage with the environmental sector on policy matters.
- It provides an access point into government policy making at national, regional, and local levels.
- It provides a public profile for the environmental sector on policy matters.
Tree Cover Policy
- Energy Minister’s promotion of fossil fuels is short-sighted, says Environmental Pillar
- Environmental Pillar welcomes Ireland’s participation in the Climate and Clean Air Coalition
- Aquaculture Linencing Appeals Fees Contrary to Access to Justice Provisions of the Aarhus Convention
- Bioenergy policy reform is vital for long-term economic sustainability in rural communities
- Irish taxpayers and badgers are taking a hit for no benefit