What does the Pillar do?
- It creates and promotes policies that advance sustainaibility.
- It provides a channel for government and the other social partners to engage with the environmental sector on policy matters.
- It provides an access point into government policy making at national, regional, and local levels.
- It provides a public profile for the environmental sector on policy matters.
Tree Cover Policy
Land Value Tax Archive
Posted on May 26, 2009 | No Comments
1. IntroductionThe rapidly collapsing world economy and Ireland's particular condition within it present profound and immediate challenges both to the Irish Government and the Irish people. In addition, with our national focus on crisis management we are failing to engage with the near-to-medium term risks of an energy-induced systemic crisis that will dwarf the current economic crisis in both consequences and complexity. In the meantime, the risks associated with climate change are rising, and at the same time our effort to manage those risks is under increasing strain. There are then two crises facing the government.